Spotify has become a popular music player and well known for providing original and limitless collections of music content. It was launched in 2008 and it became a large company with 1,600 employees.
Spotify start with Scrum and now come belong with Agile principles and their own model
Spotify component include :
- Chief Architect
Squad is basic unit in Spotify
- It’s like a scrum team with 6-12 people
- The squad is an autonomous, self-organizing and self-managing.
- Squad can choose any Agile Methodologies are suitable with team
- Include Product Owner, Agile Coach, Engineers
Multi squads do in same feature will become tribe
- Each of the tribes has a lead who is responsible for creating a productive and innovative environment for the squads.
- A Tribe should have a maximum of 100 individuals
- Tribe leaders pay close attention to the squad dependencies and analyze to what extent those dependencies are blocking or slowing the squad down
A Trio is formed when for every tribe there is a design, product area, and a tribe lead.
Alliance: A combination of three trios makes an alliance. it is led by product, design, and a tribe leads.
Chief Architect: A critical member of an organization that defines the architectural vision, guides in design, and deals with the system architecture dependency issues.
Chapter is group of people have similar skills
- Chapters are inside a tribe
- Chapter Lead is also a line manager who support everyone in personal grown and challenges.
Guild has same purpose with Chapter , but gather to share tool, code and knowledge
- So everyone can join Guild if interest
- Guild can be big and throughout organization
- Guild activity usually is workshop